If you have upcoming parties straight from the office and don’t have time to do a complete change of clothes and makeup, here are my top tips for going from desk to party.
- Choose your daytime outfit in a more luxurious fabric, festive colour or print. Then tone it down with a neutral jacket and classic accessories.
- Swap your daytime jacket for an evening one in velvet or faux fur.
- If you are wearing separates, swap your top for one in silk or satin, in a rich festive colour.
- Or swap your daytime skirt or trousers for a tuxedo style with grosgrain trim.
- Take a change of shoes and handbag – a work tote will look out of place, so change to metallics or more luxe fabrics like velvet or satin.
- Add a pair of statement earrings.
- Pack a small makeup kit to take to the office. Rather than completely redoing your makeup, add a stronger colour in the eye crease and a deeper eyeliner. Then swish some highlighter on top of your cheek bones and swap your daytime lipstick for a party red.
- Add some oomph to your hairstyle with a spray of dry shampoo and a little backcombing or sweep your hair up into a bun.
These ready done for you eye and lip kits are perfect to pack into your bag for transforming your daytime face to a party ready look. Available while stock lasts here.
Desk to Party Dress, Premium Budget
Desk to Party Separates, High Street