I recently did a personalised colour dossier for a client and she asked about whether she could wear animal prints, so I thought it would be a good topic for a post to talk about how to choose prints to suit your colouring.
The answer to her question was yes, because we can all wear animal prints, as well as florals, dots, etc. The secret behind choosing the right prints for you is about the colours but also the size and strength of the print. If that sounds confusing here are a few easy tips:
- If you are petite stick to smaller prints – for example large blooms will drown you
- If you are larger in scale (height) or have a fuller figure you can choose larger prints
- Wear print on the areas of the body you want to show off, for example if you have slim hips choose a print skirt
- For Bright, Cool and Deep colouring look for prints that have contrast either dark with light or bright
- For Soft colouring choose prints that blend or are in a mixture of shades of one colour
- For Warm colouring look for mixes of Aquas and Teals or prints that are warm and golden
- For Light colouring choose prints that are delicate and don’t contain any colours darker than a medium grey
Here are some print examples to suit your colouring:
And below some animal print options:
If you would like to find out which are your best colours and how to wear them why not order my online colour analysis which is personalised just for you.
For more tips on wearing colour click here to download my free wearing colour booklet
Wear to buy (click on the images to see where to buy):