This week with Christmas parties on the horizon my 5 picks are LBDs (Little Black Dresses) but each with a twist or to suit a specific body shape. There are hundreds of dresses out there so how do you choose? Go for something that 1) makes your heart skip a beat and 2) makes you feel fabulous. If you want to know how to wear black to suit your colouring check out this post from the archives.
My top tips for choosing your LBD:
- if you are curvy look for a fabric with a little stretch in it or that drapes really well
- if you are pear shaped choose a dress with a wide neck-line and an A-line shape
- to conceal a tummy look for pleating or draping
- for a large bust choose a V or scoop neck
- straight body shapes can wear stiffer fabrics in a shift style
- if you want to show your legs off choose detail at the hemline and a pair of fabulous shoes
A-line styles and pattern or ribbon detailing detract from the hips. If you are warm in colouring but still want to wear black soften it with overlaid gold lace. The puff ball gives curves even if you don’t have them. And the loose shift is perfect for Apple shapes.
Click images below to buy.