I’m sure you are overloaded with ideas for resolutions as well as the popular “Lose weight” “Exercise More” “Spend Less” but here are some ideas to make you feel more stylish in 2014.
- Find out what really suits you. What are your best colours and shapes? In simple terms if you have lots of curves you need fabric that gives and outfits that curve with your curves, if you don’t you can go for stiffer fabrics and straighter lines.
- Invest in a capsule wardrobe. The classic wardrobe basics will take you anywhere – then add your personality with accessories
Trench coat LK Bennett, Cashmere jumper and Jeans Boden, Animal print bag Mint Velvet, Coral spot Shoes LKBennett, Necklace Stella & Dot, Scarf Becksondergaard, Blue bag Fossil, Two tone blue shoes Boden
- Use accessories – see above, make your outfits really yours with a treasured piece of jewellery, a favourite bag or statement shoes
- Wear and don’t save for “best” – fashion maths tells us that a £400 dress worn once isn’t worth the money (unless you can afford to spend £400 without thinking about it!) A £400 dress worn twice per month over a year costs just under £17 per wear, which would you rather?
Dress Vivienne Westwood Anglomania, Suit jacket LK Bennett, Bag Mulberry, Shoes LK Bennett, Cashmere cardigan Theory, Boots Michael Kors, Tote bag L.K. Bennett, Biker Jacket 2nd Day, Clutch bag Tila March, Sandals L.K. Bennett
- Buy only what you can wear now – not when you’ve lost those pounds or when you have found the right shoes to go with it, you know it will just sit in the wardrobe until you guiltily pack it up for charity in next year’s wardrobe edit.
- Book a professional wardrobe edit – if you can’t be ruthless yourself have a professional do it for you. Done well, you will end up with numerous new outfits as the basis for a new capsule wardrobe and a list of what you really need.
Suit jacket LK Bennett as above, Skirt L.K. Bennett, Top Boden, Bag Mint Velvet as above, Black court shoes LK Bennett, Jeans Boden as above, Necklace Anthropologie, Clutch Whistles, Sandals LK Bennett as above.
- Love what you wear every day – otherwise why wear it? Be good to yourself and wear what makes you feel and look good.
Happy New Year – have a fabulously stylish one!