At the start of the New Year we all tend to feel a bit like we need to tighten our belts both physically and metaphorically! So it’s unlikely we will be dashing out buying new clothes if we’ve spent a lot over Christmas – and in the sales. So how do you make your wardrobe feel fresh and lift your mood during this abysmal weather?
Well there are 9 pieces that have almost become wardrobe classics that always work:
- A camel coat that will work now and through to spring, it could be a Mac, Trench or wool coat
- A pair of dark rinse straight or skinny jeans – go for high waisted if you have over indulged during the festive season
- A classic pencil skirt, one with some stretch or flattering waist gathers
- Animal print – so popular now and around every season it’s almost become a neutral, go for accessories or a knit
- Pointed toe flats – this season’s answer to the now more dated ballet flat and they work better with a skirt or trousers
- A stripe or breton top in jersey or as a knit – classic navy and white always says spring and don’t be afraid of mixing prints
- A statement necklace – it makes the simplest jeans and T-shirt outfit more interesting and stylish
- A cashmere knit to wear with your pencil skirt for work and jeans for the weekend
- A signature scarf to keep you warm, add colour to your face and style up a plain coat or top
And here’s how to wear them together:
Do you have any must have pieces that always work?