Fashion Maths – Bag or Outfit?

Here’s a little wishful thinking for you. Imagine you have been given £575 to spend on something new for your wardrobe (I know but we can dream) which would you go for?

The classic Mulberry Effie bag £575 from John Lewis

Or the complete Spring capsule wardrobe? Total capsule cost £574.09!

All clothes by Fenn Wright Manson at John Lewis – all currently reduced

Navy Slingback shoes from John Lewis were £95 now £66
Aubrey Falmer Leather Handheld Tote from John Lewis
Button cluster necklace from John Lewis
Suede pumps by Clarks from John Lewis

It’s a tricky choice isn’t it? Some of these pieces are great value, and there are plenty of reduced items around in the Spring sales so enjoy some virtual shopping or dreaming.

6 Comments

1. April 6, 2012 / 10:08 am

No contest for me, Maria. I covet handbags!!! Rather go naked with a quality bag than cheap on clothing. Of course, very grateful I haven’t had to choose ‘either or’ yet. LOL

• admin
      April 6, 2012 / 11:43 am

And it is rather a gorgeous bag isn’t it Ruth. In my case I don’t want any bag it has to be the bag although I thought the tote in the collection was a great bargain, but I could see myself using that bag for many years to come, and of course a bag doesn’t care how much weight you gain or loose!

2. Janina Leach
    April 8, 2012 / 6:34 pm

And I have to say the bag is much much more exciting!

• admin
      April 8, 2012 / 6:55 pm

Yes – only another year and 4 months until August 2013 then I may have to have it as a birthday present!

3. Helen Wild Hymans
    April 11, 2012 / 5:36 pm

No contest – it has to be the bag. One fabulous bag puts a [slightly guilty] smile on your face. Your life is in your bag – it deserves to be in something special…..

• admin
      April 11, 2012 / 5:41 pm

Yes what a great way to look at it. I can see the justification with Him indoors “My life is surely worth more than a £10 plastic bag isn’t it?”