If you have female friends or relations that you want to buy a small gift for but are stumped for ideas I have an idea for you. Rather than buying ready made gift sets, why not make up your own. You can tailor them to the individual and they look far more exciting than a mass produced gift. Keep reading to the end of the post for your chance to win one of 3 gifts I’m giving away containing some of my seasonal must haves!
Above is one that I’ve made and here is what I do…
I start by finding several gift sets. In this case I have chosen hand creams, candles, bath products, nail varnishes and some makeup. But it could be anything – you could wrap scarves and gloves, little gifts like a coin purse or keyring or pieces of jewellery too.
Then I split up the packs to create several gifts with items from each of the packs and something specific for that person. In my gifts I had a set of 3 nail varnishes so I have split them and included them in a gift to suit the recipient’s colouring. The makeup brushes and some makeup are for a beauty loving relative (some are samples that I have saved and they make great little stocking fillers especially if you group them to suit the person the gift is for)
Next I gather some wrapping and accessories – here I’ve found some mini glitter fir cones, ribbons, tissue paper and a roll of cellophane. Then I regroup the items into individual gifts.
Then it’s time to wrap. Cut a large square of tissue paper and a large square of cellophane big enough to pull the four corners together. Put your gifts in the centre and bring the corners in.
I tied some white ribbon around the neck to keep the tissue paper parcel together.
Next place the parcel in the centre of the cellophane and again bring the corners in. Then secure your parcel with ribbon. I hooked one of the little pine cones on the ribbon before tying it.
For the makeup gift set I used a box and filled it with shredded paper – you can buy this where you buy your wrapping paper or just cut strips from tissue paper.
Then I wrapped it in some thick silver craft paper, tied it with ribbon and added one of my pine cone accessories.
And here is the finished set – rewarded with a glass of wine and some festive sounds from Michael Buble!
Included in these are parcels are 3 special gifts I’d like to give to you! (Sorry but this giveaway is only open to UK residents)
First Prize (Champagne Pop) includes:
- Limited edition Burberry Christmas nail varnish (sold out)
- Becca Champagne Pop highlighter
- La Maison De Senteurs Candle (1 from the set of 3)
- Travel size Clarins Beauty Flash Balm
Second Prize (Candle set) Includes:
- The White Company Mistletoe votive candle
- La Maison De Senteurs Hand Cream (1 from the set of 3)
- Origins Sensory Therapy “Peace of Mind” (my absolute must have in times of stress)
Third Prize (Bath set) includes:
- This Works Really Rich Firming Lotion
- The White Company Bauble – Verveine
All you need to do to have the opportunity of receiving one of these gifts is either:
- leave a comment on the blog and then click on the link below to enter and confirm you have left a comment
- click on the link below to enter then use the link to visit Looking Stylish on Facebook and like the page (if you haven’t already) to gain 2 entries
(Entering the competition will subscribe you to the Friday Bulletin but you can unsubscribe at any time)