If you are heading off on holiday soon you may well be thinking about what to pack. Hopefully some of my holiday capsule wardrobe posts have helped. But you might be struggling with what to wear to travel. If you are going on a long haul flight comfort is probably uppermost in your mind. You can still look stylish and be comfortable though. Here are a few of my top travel wear tips:
- Choose loose clothing that doesn’t restrict as you get into the flight – if you suffer from bloating choose trousers that have a drawstring or elastic waist and a looser fit top to cover your tummy.
- Choose dark or patterned pieces – spillages are frequent occurrences in the restricted space of a plane seat!
- Wear layers and take a cardigan or wrap – temperatures on board can go from stuffy to icy and if you want to sleep being warm is important. If you take a colourful wrap it can double as a sarong too.
- Wear shoes that slip on and aren’t enclosed as feet often swell too. You can take a pair of cosy socks in your carry on bag to change into on board.
- Take a tote bag that doubles as a beach or day bag once you reach your resort.
- If you are heading somewhere hot pack a pair of shorts in your tote bag to change into at your arrival airport.
Here is the kind of travel outfit I would wear:
And the pieces worn again once you reach your resort
If you are heading off on holiday have a fantastic time!
Click links above or images below to shop: