This week I had a question from reader Debbie – she says:
“I have a winter sun holiday coming up in January & thanks to your site I have some beautiful items from Aspiga, however my dilemma is what on earth can I wear to travel to the airport & to fly in when I leave the uk in early Jan its going to be cold & when I arrive in the Caribbean for a weeks well deserved break I’m hoping its going to be 80 degrees. I don’t want to arrive with a big winter coat boots & jumper that I’m not going to need for a week. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as Im stressing about this instead of being able to start looking forward to my break. Thank you for any help Maria….. Debbie”
My suggestion would be to wear layers that are warm but lightweight for the journey and that will pack away without taking up too much space or be used during the holiday.
I’ve put together a travel outfit that includes:
- a lightweight but warm down filled jacket which packs into the tiniest bag and can be left in your suitcase until the return journey
- a featherweight cashmere cardigan that can be worn for the journey on the plane, where it can sometimes be chilly, but can also be worn for cooler evenings on holiday
- cotton trousers which won’t be too warm for days out on the holiday and and can be worn with tights underneath for the journey – just take the tights off before the plane lands
- a scarf for keeping the chill off your neck and folding up on the plane to put under your head, then use it as a sarong on holiday or as a shawl for the evenings
- a pair of neutral coloured flat pumps to wear for the journey with tights and during the holiday without
Just co-ordinate the pieces you wear on the journey with the colours you are packing.
Have a wonderful holiday Debbie – we aren’t envious at all!