Holidays are the perfect time to ease back on makeup. A tan (fake or carefully done real) will make you look healthier and your eyes shinier. So enhancing rather than concealing and covering is the order of the day.
Here’s what I will be packing in my cosmetics bag:
1. Clinique Super City Block – I’ve been using this old faithful for years. It’s oil free and has an SPF factor of 40. I wear it under my tinted moituriser so I know my face is protected. They also do a sheer version which is factor 25.
2. Terracotta Joli Teint – A new tinted moisturiser I am trying out. It gives a little coverage with skincare and colour. It needs to be well blended in but gives a lovely soft finish – also has SPF 20 if you don’t want to use a product like the Clinique one underneath it.
3. Terracotta Sun Celebration – From the creators of bronzer this gorgeous palette which mixes blusher and bronzer has been launched to celebrate 30 years of bronzing powders. You can use all the colours together or choose one blusher coulour and then sweep the bronzer over the rest of your face – almost to pretty to use!
4. Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge – another all time favourite. It’s now been repackaged and comes with a mirror. Although it’s a cream it lasts really well – my tip is to put a powder blush over it to set it. I will be taking Calypso Coral and Uberbeige.
5. Chanel Long Lasting Waterproof Eyeliner – This eyeliner comes in some gorgeous colours I will be taking the green Khaki Precieux) which has a shimmer to it and dark brown Espresso. It’s a pencil but incredibly soft so it goes on really easily and has an integrated sharpener so it’s always ready to use. And of course it’s waterproof and resists humidity – perfect for hot holiday weather.
6. Bobbi Brown Long Lasting Cream Eyeshadow – Long time readers will know that every best buy makeup roundup I do includes this. It does what it says on the tin (or pot), never creases and stays put. I will be taking Sandy Gold to be worn just with eyeliner or as a base to add other colours, probably Beach Bronze and Copper.
7. Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Mascara – When it’s hot and humid you need a mascara that won’t smudge. I prefer this to waterproof because I won’t be swimming in it and I’m not expecting it to rain heavily where I’m going. It promises 15 hour staying power and I’ve certainly worn it for something close to that.
8. Chanel Rouge Allure – In Enigmatique and Coromandel will be two of my lipsticks of choice. The first one for day time and the second, quite a bright red that looks great with a tan, for the evening. I may add in a third more neutral one but sadly 2 of my favourites have now been discontinued. These are satiny and long lasting, but if too strong for you go for one of the Rouge Coco Shine colours instead as they are more like a balm and less intense.
9. Chanel Nail Colour – in Mirabella, Tutti Frutti and Cinema. Of course my makeup capsule wouldn’t be complete without a few of my favourite nail varnishes. New this season are Mirabella and Tutti Frutti both gorgeous in the sunshine and an old favourite Cinema for smarter evenings.
What are your holiday makeup must haves? Leave a comment below to share with other readers.