You may not have started thinking about Christmas presents yet but I wanted to alert you to a few makeup gifts which would be a treat to receive but tend to be in limited supply. So if you are thinking of treating a special friend, sister or mother you probably need to buy now.
I’d be delighted to receive any of these sets, as I think most women would – especially as we may think they are too indulgent to buy for ourselves.
1. Laura Mercier Colour-to-Go Portable Palette for Eyes Cheeks & Lips in Chocolate & Smokey Violet pick chocolate for warmer colouring and brown or green eyes and smokey violet for cooler colouring and blue eyes
3. Bobbi Brown always do fantastic gift sets at Christmas but they do sell our fast this one contains eye and lip colours – Twilight Pink Lip & Eye Palette
4. Also from Bobbi Brown Old Hollywood Eye Palette
5. This is a fabulously decadent set but simply gorgeous for a night out Estee Lauder Golden Luxuries
6. Black Honey lipstick from Clinique has gained a cult following as it’s a colour almost any woman can wear and looks different on each person. This party set includes lip and nail products and High Impact mascara.
7. This indulgent lip collection from Clarins is all you need to give lips a treat.
8. Another of my personal all time favourites Bobbi Brown’s Shimmer Brick this one in Nude Glow is a limited edition which gives luminescence to the skin.
Two additional sets I had to mention are the beauty collections from Estee Lauder and Elizabeth Arden. If you haven’t bought one of these before they are really worth investing in as they are such great value for money. They are perfect as complete starter sets of makeup if you wanted to throw out all your old makeup and start again. They make brilliant gifts or are an indulgent treat for you.
First from Elizabeth Arden – Christmas Gift Hamper contains 12 eye shadows, 2 blushers, 3 lipsticks, 2 lip glosses, mascara, 2 eye pencils, 2 lip pencils, powder, eye makeup remover, a nail varnish and a brush set – PHEW! It’s valued at £300 but you can buy it for £50 if you spend £30 or more on Elizabeth Arden products.
Estee Lauder do one of these sets every year and this year’s Makeup Artist Professional Colour Collection is as good as ever (Note sold out online at House of Fraser but still available at Boots) This one contains 18 eyeshadows, 4 blushes, 2 lip glosses, 3 lipsticks, mascara, an eye pencil, nail varnish Advanced Time Zone and Gentle Eye Makeup Remover. Valued at £250 this one can be purchased for £50 with a fragrance purchase.
If you are writing your own Christmas list you may want to suggest your loved one buys early – or just treat yourself instead!