It’s that limbo time in the season when new season stock is starting to arrive but the shops are still full of sale items. And I don’t blame them for holding back the new season during this heatwave – at last they are getting the opportunity to sell some of the summer stock.
So if you haven’t had your fill of the summer season and still want to shop the sales – and why not there are some brilliant bargains to be had – here are my 10 top sale picks.
1, No surprise that I would start with a scarf. This one from Diane Von Furstenberg taps into this season’s monochrome trend. In my book you can never have too many scarves! You might not wear it during this heatwave but you will for many seasons to come.
2. One of this season’s top trouser shapes, the crop, will still work into the autumn with a pair of heels. And these Navy crop trousers from Fenn Wright Manson are an absolute steal at £29 – they’re available in sand and white too.
3. Get ahead for next season – pink is going to be the colour of autumn in all shades from pale to bright, so this hot pink top from Fenn Wright Manson, is a great addition to your wardrobe. It has a silk front and jersey back and will work just as well under your business suit as it does for the evening paired with jeans or smarter trousers.
4. I love the neon flash of colour in this Whistles dress. It’s simple shape will work now in the heat but pair it later with a knit, black tights and shoes or boots.
5. A little black dress is always a good buy. This one from Jaeger has such beautiful detail for just £125. It’s a dress that will earn its cost per wear in your wardrobe for many years to come.
6. Who can resist a new bag? And a red one at that. Again from Jaeger this roomy tote is half price at £149.If red’s not for you it also comes in classic black, pink and white too.
7. Court shoes are also always a good sale buy. This snakeskin pair from Hobbs are reduced to £111 and will take you through the autumn and winter months.
8. A navy jacket is a wardrobe staple for work and weekend. This one from Hobbs is a bargain at just £70 with the matching trousers just £35.
9. A wrap dress suits most body shapes and if you are going to buy one why not from the person who invented the style. I love this monochrome print dress from DVF but there are other colours and prints to choose from in the sale.
10. Finally another of this season’s trends, but one that looks like staying; the print trouser. This silk pair from Malene Birger has a soft tapered shape that would look perfect with a slim knit or a camisole and blazer and high pointed heels.
If you are shopping the sales this weekend use these examples to choose pieces that will work for you into the autumn season too.
Let me know if you find a great bargain – or if you buy any of the above. Happy sale shopping.