Last week whilst creating a Capsule Wardrobe I came across a beautiful soft leather biker jacket in neutral buff and it struck me what a versatile piece this would be for the client’s wardrobe. An item that could be dressed up over a smart dress or down with jeans. We used it with dresses, skirts crop and linen trousers and it added a sophisticated elegant touch.
Biker jackets are very on trend at the moment but if you have shied away from them because like me you have curves you are in for a surprise. A super soft leather version will work with your curves but they now come in all kinds of fabrics including jersey, broderie (Isabel Marant) suede, tweed – you name it the biker jacket is definitely an “in” item this season. So here are a few I picked out and my top style tips on how to wear them.
1. Emerald was big during the winter but it’s still going strong for summer too. Suede looks expensive but this one from Mango at John Lewis is surprisingly good value. Mix with black, navy, a print or how I’ve used it with neutral taupe for a luxuriously expensive look.
2. Classic style with a twist in black leather and navy twill from Paul & Joe sister at my-wardrobe.com. Perfect with a black dress and high heels – just one of the ways you could wear this jacket.
3. This tweed jacket by Michael micahel Kors at my-wardrobe.com is just asking to be worn for business so I’ve paired it with a red dress for making an entrance. Who says you can’t wear a biker jacket to the office?
4. The gorgeous buff leather mentioned at the beginning from Pure Collection. I’ve given it a casual dress down with spring suede boots for shopping and lunch.
5. A great jersey option available in two colours from Baukjen. I’ve played with the black and grey mix and a pop of red for the black jacket. For the yellow version I’ve kept to the yellow/grey palette but added texture with snake shoes and a soft animal print scarf.
Is there a Biker jacket shaped hole in you wardrobe?